Maintaining a garden requires you to use a garden hose, which can usually be kept in a hose reel so that it doesn’t dangle around and trip people (or pets). But what if your garden is very huge? What about landscapers?
This is when you may need the best hose reel cart with wheels. Being able to move around with your hose reel is a big convenience – you can water your plants from far away and you don’t have to worry about a shortage of hose.
Hose Reel Cart With Wheels Reviews
Here are our top picks for the best hose reel cart with wheels:
1. Eley Portable Garden Hose Reel Cart
As a reel cart for garden hoses, you can use it for your hose when pressure washing mold on your patio or deck due to its ability to take the pressure. We found out that die-cast aluminum is used to make the garden hose reel cart, which adds to its durability. Measuring a total of 6.5 feet on its capacity, this means you can use it for most standard-sized garden hoses. Moreover, there is a polyurethane inlet hose coupled with the reel for your starting needs.
What’s more, it is also not that heavy so you can work with it and not stress or strain your arms after garden work. Its turf tread tires are flat-free so that you can worry less about maintenance. In addition to that, each tire is at 10 inches in diameter so they can work well even on uneven ground. As a reel, it can fit any 5/8-inch hose diameter.
Additionally, it can be a breeze to store due to its small footprint and it is also leak-resistant. While it does require assembly, it is not very troubling compared to other reel carts.
- Up to 6.5 feet of hose capacity
- Comes with a polyurethane inlet hose
- Has a portable design and a small footprint
- Uses die-cast aluminum for its material
- Turf tread tires that are 10 inches
If you’re looking for a hose reel cart with wheels that is portable, the Eley Portable Garden Hose Reel Cart could be for you.
2. Suncast JSF175 175 ft Hosemobile Reel Cart
Marketed as a “hose caddy”, this cart has hose hooks so you can install a garden hose with fewer problems. Measuring 24.5 inches on its size, it doesn’t take a lot of effort to hide it or push it around due to its lightweight yet durable and space-saving design.
On the wheels, it has 6-inch casters at the bottom so you can transport the whole cart easily. What’s more, since it is easy to move around, it can be used for cleaning deck and patio mold with your pressure washer (if you have a long hose) or with a simple garden hose.
The hose reel is also not that heavy so it can be ideal for those who hate bulky gardening tools and equipment. It can be used for up to 175 feet of hose, as long as they are 5/8-inch in size or diameter. If you prefer a cart that doesn’t rust or catch corrosion, this molded plastic cart can be for you. Aside from garden work, you can use it for cleaning cars, surfaces and the like due to its mobility.
- Up to 175 feet of hose capacity
- Fits any 5/8-inch diameter hose
- Small footprint, easy to store
- Has 6-inch wheels for mobility
- Rust-resistant due to being made of molded plastic
Made of durable molded plastic, the Suncast JSF175 175 ft Hosemobile Reel Cart can be ideal for those who don’t want a super heavy reel to push around.
3. Liberty Garden 870-M1-2 Garden Hose Reel Cart
Do you want a hose reel cart that has a total of 4 wheels? This one can do the trick, since it is meant for heavy-duty purposes, such as landscaping and handling large gardens. It has up to 300 feet of capacity for the hose (can accept any 5/8-inch hose), which can make it ideal for really tough garden work.
What’s more, the ergonomic rubberized handle can make the hose reel easier to hold for anyone. Just turn up the crank and you’re ready to retract the hose with the reel cart – it’s that easy! Since it has a low center of gravity, the 4-wheel garden hose reel is less likely to tip over – perfect for when you are trying to get it up a hill or uneven ground.
Consequently, since it has a mix of brass and galvanized fixtures, this can add to its durability overall, especially for frequent bad weather. We also like the fact that its swivel connector is a 90-degree brass type for added sturdiness.
Each tire is pneumatic and has a 4-10″ size, which can be ideal for bumpy roads. It is also made with an abrasion-resistant body and parts for durability while the hose reel has good mobility.
- Pneumatic tires for a bumpy road
- Up to 300 feet of hose capacity
- 4 tires/wheels for easy mobility
- Brass and galvanized parts for durability
- Ergonomic rubberized handle for the crank
For those who need an industrial use hose reel cart, the Liberty Garden 870-M1-2 Garden Hose Reel Cart can be for you.
4. Member’s Mark Hose Reel Cart
This cart may suit your needs if you have a long garden hose (assuming you have a very big garden or large lawn to maintain). It can hold up to 300 feet of hose, as long as it is a 5/8-inch sized one. This means that you can use it for very wide spaces without having to worry about tangling.
The hammer-tone finish not only keeps it durable against bad weather, but it also keeps up its appearance when you’re using it for landscaping. Adding to that, there’s also better stability as compared to its competitors due to the wide frame design.
Also, we saw that its construction also included corrosion-resistant brass inlet and outlet sets. It can be easy to hold due to the non-slip ergonomic handle so even those with sweaty or wet hands can handle them. What’s more, the reel for the hose is not only durable but is also lightweight to carry around.
That’s not all – we saw that it has 10-inch pneumatic tires that can roll away even on uneven ground, which may be perfect for you if your landscape is quite bumpy.
- Up to 300 feet of hose length
- Fits any 5/8-inch hose
- Hammer-tone finish
- Has brass inlet and outlet sets for durability
- Uses 10-inch pneumatic tires for bumpy rides
For a long hose, you can try the Member’s Mark Hose Reel Cart since it can take up to 300 feet of hose.
5. Ironton Garden Hose Reel Cart
Storage baskets aren’t only on bikes anymore – they’re even on hose reel carts like this one! This may help you to store all your much-needed gardening supplies, including pots to transplant, gardening tools, gloves, and the like. Pretty convenient, isn’t it?
Now let’s get down to the specs – this one is made with a durable tubular steel frame so that it can stand up to the competition of bad weather, especially if it rains a lot in your garden. What’s more, it has pneumatic tires (at 10 inches each) and solid steel axles for rough terrain so there’s less worry of a bumpy ride.
You don’t have to purchase a hose separately to get started – this one comes with a free 6-foot leader hose for beginners. This can make it a great gardener’s gift to someone. As with most of our picks above, this one can hold up to 300 feet of 5/8-inch hose.
We also saw that its handle above is much like pushing a baby stroller – it has a foam padded handle so fatigued hands will feel at ease, especially after a long day of gardening.
- Up to 300 feet of hose length capacity
- Has a storage basket behind the cart
- Has 10-inch pneumatic tires
- Comes with a foam padded handle
- Includes a 6-foot leader hose
If you want a hose reel cart that comes with a storage basket, the Ironton Garden Hose Reel Cart could be your choice.
6. Strongway Garden Hose Reel Cart
If you’re a fan of flat-free tires (since inflating tires can be time-consuming), this one could be for you. It has 10-inch tires that have solid axles so you can maneuver them easily around your garden or lawn. Since they are flat-free, they can be workable even on uneven and rocky terrain without the threat of going flat.
And that’s not all – you also get a 6-foot leader hose so that you can connect it to anything easily. The tubular steel construction is coupled with a corrosion-resistant powder-coat finish so that it can withstand rain and humidity in your area. Moreover, corrosion resistance is also present at its brass fittings and couplers.
Since the design is a pull-behind type, you can use it as a wagon so dragging it around won’t be tough. Additionally, it even has a rubber grip on its crank so turning it around to retract the hose may not be so tough at all. And did we mention you can put in up to 400 feet of hose length?
- Flat-free tires
- Up to 400 feet of hose length
- Comes with a 6-foot leader hose
- Pull-behind design
- Has a rubber grip on its turning crank for easy hose retraction
Do you want flat-free tires on a hose reel cart? You’ll probably love the Strongway Garden Hose Reel Cart for that.
7. Liberty Garden 880-2 Garden Hose Reel Cart
Are you a landscaper? Do you know someone who is into the job or hobby very seriously? This one could work out for heavy-duty gardening and landscaping work due to its 13 gauge steel construction and durable powder coat finish so it can keep up with violent weather. What’s more, its construction is well-thought due to the placement of the wheels, basket, and reel.
Check this out: it has up to 300 feet of hose storage for the reel and you can put in any 5/8-inch hose (although you have to buy the hose separately). And since it has a low center of gravity, it may work on uneven terrain where most other reel carts may easily tip over. As for mobility, the 2-15.5″ spoked pneumatic tires can get you from point a to point b in no time (they look like bicycle wheels, too!).
Additionally, they have a 90-degree brass swivel connector so you don’t have to worry about corrosion around the unit. There is even an included 5-foot inlet hose for you to use right off the bat. We also like that all its fixtures are made of brass and galvanized material for durability.
And that’s not all – a storage basket is at the back so you can put in your favorite gardening tools on the go. We’re not done yet – the manufacturer even offers a limited lifetime warranty for this gardening equipment!
- 13 gauge steel construction
- Up to 300 feet of hose storage
- Best for professional landscaping and/or gardening
- 2-15.5″ spoked pneumatic tires
- Uses a 90-degree brass swivel connector
For commercial landscaping purposes, you may want to check out the Liberty Garden 880-2 Garden Hose Reel Cart for its heavy-duty features.
Frequently Asked Questions
So, do you have any questions in mind about hose reel carts? You might find them here:
Question: How do I choose the best hose reel cart with wheels?
Answer: Having trouble deciding on a hose reel cart? Worry no more with these criteria in mind:
- Stability. The center of gravity should be low so that it will not likely tip over. This is true if you want to use the hose reel cart for bumpy terrain applications.
- Hose capacity. Look for the hose capacity and back to your hose before you buy one. Most will be rated for up to 300 feet but if you need more than that, it’s best to look into the specs first.
- Portability. This includes ease of storage and how easy it is to move around. If you don’t like bulky gardening equipment, consider having a lightweight yet durable reel cart.
- Wheel type. The wheels can either be pneumatic tires or flat-free tires; some can be 2 while others can be 4. This depends on where you’ll need it, as maneuverability is important for uphill, downhill, and uneven ground gardens.
- Construction. Consider one that has brass couplings and fittings, as well as a powder coat finish to protect it against corrosion.
- Basket (optional). Some hose reel carts do have baskets that you can use for your other gardening tools.
Question: What hose should I use with a hose reel cart with wheels?
Answer: Technically, you can use any garden hose that fits into its specifications, which is mostly a 5/8-inch one. Look at the specs of the hose reel cart – some can take up to 300 feet of hose length, while others can take up to 400 feet. It all depends on how you will use it and where you need it.
Question: How do I maintain my hose reel cart with wheels?
Answer: Assuming you’ll be using the hose reel cart for a long time (and mostly for heavy-duty purposes), here are ways you can make it last long:
- Store it away whenever it’s not in use. This can protect it from the elements, such as the UV rays of the sun (especially for plastic carts) and humidity and corrosion (especially for steel ones).
- Check its fittings. Always check your fittings and couplings before and after you use the reel cart to ensure that your hose doesn’t leak out water when you store it. Even if your fittings are made with brass, it doesn’t guarantee that your hose reel cart won’t get corrosion, so be wary of this!
- Don’t pull the hose too hard. This can make the hose become loose and can ruin the quality or even kink it at most. Even if your hose is kink-resistant, the cranking mechanism is still important to keep it in tip-top shape and leak-free.
Overall, it can be a great investment to go for a reel cart if you’re maintaining a large yard. If you have a very long hose and a very wide garden or lawn, a movable reel cart could be for you. Not only are they portable and movable, but they are also convenient because most of them even have baskets to put your gardening tools in.
Gone are the days when you need to carry a big old hose to water your plants or lawn – a hose reel can do the trick, and it becomes easier with wheels!